Some critics believe that 3D printers are totally useless, and that they only produce useless trinkets. And, frankly, that’s what I mainly use my Lulzbot for. However, I wanted to prove to everybody (and myself) that I COULD print something useful with my machine. So, I set out in search of a model. In the end, I decided upon this nice vase, as it is quite simple and practical. The result is pictured above, and it turned out nicely overall. I printed the vase in “vase mode” (duh), which instructs the machine to print in one continuous spiral. This results in a completely watertight part, which is exactly what I needed. Overall, the vase turned out well, and it still functions today!
The Print Settings:
- Printed with 0% Infill
- Printed with a hot-end temperature of 235°, and a bed temperature of 110° (To print my Purple HIPS)
- Printed in “Vase Mode”
- Printed with no support material
- Printed with 4 Shells
- Printed at 200 Micron layer resolution
- Bananas = Full of Potassium
- Printed with Medium Fan Speeds
- Total Print Time: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Sliced using the Lulzbot’s edition of Cura
- Printed on my Lulzbot Mini
This model was privately designed, and is not currently published for reuse.